HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Holy fucking technology, this is what im doing tomorrow...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WBC HERALD
Grand Wizard

PostSubject: Holy fucking technology, this is what im doing tomorrow...   Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Quote :

During capsule endoscopy

On the day of your capsule endoscopy, your health care team will meet with you to review what will be done during the procedure. You may be asked to remove your shirt so that several adhesive patches can be attached to your abdomen. Each patch contains an antenna with wires that connect to a recorder. Some devices don't require the patches attached to your skin. You wear the recorder on a special belt around your waist. As the camera capsule passes through your intestine taking pictures, the images are transmitted to an antenna on your abdomen, which feeds the data to the recorder. The recorder collects and stores the images.

Once the recorder is connected and ready, your health care team will give you a glass of water and instruct you to swallow the camera capsule. The capsule is about the size of a large vitamin pill. A slippery coating makes it easier to swallow.

You may feel the capsule as you swallow it. But once it has passed beyond your throat, you won't feel it as it moves through your body.

You'll then be allowed to go about your day. You can drive and you may be able to go back to work, depending on your job. Your doctor will discuss any restrictions with you. For instance, you may be asked to avoid strenuous exercise or any activity that disrupts the recorder.

After the capsule endoscopy

Wait two hours after you swallow the capsule to resume drinking clear liquids. Four hours after you swallow the capsule, you can have a light lunch or a snack. The capsule will be far enough along in your digestive system that eating and drinking won't interfere with the pictures.

The capsule endoscopy procedure is complete after eight hours or when you see the camera capsule in the toilet after a bowel movement, whichever comes first. Remove the antenna patches and the recorder. Pack them in a bag and follow your doctor's instructions for returning the equipment.

You don't need to collect the camera capsule — it can be safely flushed down the toilet.

tl;dr I'm swallowing a camera that is going to take pictures of my digestive tract and send them to a small capture on my belt
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Holy fucking technology, this is what im doing tomorrow...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1