HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

This thread quickly explains the new features since we've been gone. AKA Keywardens, Monster Power, Paragon levels, etc. Actually some pretty cool shit they put into the game, new boss fights

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pitchblue
Admin

PostSubject: This thread quickly explains the new features since we've been gone. AKA Keywardens, Monster Power, Paragon levels, etc. Actually some pretty cool shit they put into the game, new boss fights   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Hellfire Rings: if you have ever played endgame diablo 2, you will understand this better. Basically each act now has a special mob on it called a "Keywarden" act 1-3 Keywardens have a chance of dropping a key if you have 5 nephalim stacks/buffs. Without 5 stacks they will not drop. Act 4 Keywarden is the same deal but drops a recipe instead of a key. This recipe allows you to combine 1 of each key (so 3 keys total) into an "infernal machine" which you use in act 1 to open a portal to a small zone which gives you 1 of 3(?) boss combinations. Much like diablo 2 ├╝ber portals. Upon death these bosses have a chance of dropping an organ. And you can then combine these organs to craft the hellfire ring. But because the boss portals are random (you never know which boss combo you'll get) you most likely need to do many runs.
The ring itself can be crafted with a specific base attribute: str, dex, int. so you craft the one for your class and hope it rolls great stats. They also come with a +exp% stat as well as a "chance on attack, shoots a fireball that explodes for xx damage."
Monster power 1-10: the difficulty has changed since vanilla. Rather than have it extremely difficult right off the bat, they've put in "monster power" which are levels of difficulty you can add to the game. Vanilla difficulty is ~mp10, or it used to be. It's kind of been tweaked since it was first introduced. With higher mp the monsters get harder but you also get an increase to your exp gain and magic find. The feature as a whole adds a new kind of endgame, where perhaps you want to build your character to effectively farm in mp10. At least that's what it has done to me and kept my interest. (Personally able to do up to mp6. Until I get some better gear)
Paragon levels are levels you gain after 60. This adds an incentive for people to keep playing and makes farming not an entire waste of time when you get no drops. There are 100 paragon levels, each time you level you gain a base/passive/permanent increase to your magic and gold find (like 3% per level?) as well as very small increases to base stats.
So what people do is find a monster power they can efficiently and effectively run a farming run in a given short time and repeat it in order to achieve the best xp/hr that they can. Look up Moldran's alkaizer run on YouTube, he will explain the route to take and a little backstory on the run itself.
Hope this answers your question, I'm on my cellphone ATM so I can't see what other questions you had so I hope I nailed most of them and gave you some insight. I'll edit and comeback most likely later. But for now I'm off to class!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wifflebot.niceboard.com
missmurder
Heshen

PostSubject: Re: This thread quickly explains the new features since we've been gone. AKA Keywardens, Monster Power, Paragon levels, etc. Actually some pretty cool shit they put into the game, new boss fights   Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:05 pm

Very interesting. We should investigate this for butcher runs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pitchblue
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This thread quickly explains the new features since we've been gone. AKA Keywardens, Monster Power, Paragon levels, etc. Actually some pretty cool shit they put into the game, new boss fights   Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:02 pm

next post is going to be us saying we died
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wifflebot.niceboard.com
Lezpch, The Redeemed
OG

PostSubject: Re: This thread quickly explains the new features since we've been gone. AKA Keywardens, Monster Power, Paragon levels, etc. Actually some pretty cool shit they put into the game, new boss fights   Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Im dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This thread quickly explains the new features since we've been gone. AKA Keywardens, Monster Power, Paragon levels, etc. Actually some pretty cool shit they put into the game, new boss fights   

Back to top Go down

This thread quickly explains the new features since we've been gone. AKA Keywardens, Monster Power, Paragon levels, etc. Actually some pretty cool shit they put into the game, new boss fights
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1