HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

So Korn is doing a dubstep fusion album with Skrilly, 12th Planet, etc

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WBC HERALD
Grand Wizard

PostSubject: So Korn is doing a dubstep fusion album with Skrilly, 12th Planet, etc   Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:08 pm

I won't lie, everyone here knows i'm an old school Korn fan from way back in the day. And the acts Korn is working with are all in my top 10 favorite live acts...

In case you hadn't heard though:

Quote :

The Path of Totality (2011–present)

According to guitarist James "Munky" Shaffer, Korn has begun writing new material for their next album. He explains, "We have probably three songs we wrote a couple, two, three months ago. We went into the studio, we wrote some songs, Jon demoed the songs on his computer, and then we took them into the studio and played them live and tweaked them a little bit. Then we put those down and recorded them. They're cool. They kind of remind me a little bit of the Soundgarden style, that sort of Seattle sound… just one of them. The other songs are sort of different, a little more in the experimental stage right now. I don't want to give too much away. We're definitely moving forward, we'll probably start recording in April to try and finetune this sound we're developing."[158][159] It was stated by Jonathan Davis in an interview with ARTISTdirect that one track recorded for the album features acoustic guitar, tentatively titled "Lullaby for a Sadist".[160]

Jonathan Davis released a 14-second sample on SoundCloud in late March, of a new song entitled "Get Up!", featuring dubstep/electro house artist Skrillex. "Get Up!" is slated to appear on The Path of Totality. The album, which will be released on December 6, 2011,[161] features contributions from Skrillex, 12th Planet, Excision, Datsik, Downlink, Kill the Noise, Noisia, and Feed Me. Korn premiered the full version of "Get Up!" on April 14 via Spin.[162] Additionally, Roadrunner Records' official website allowed fans to download the track for free on April 18. The track was also premiered on several radio stations throughout the United States, most notably Sirius Octane, and has received generally positive reviews amongst critics and fans alike. "Get Up!" was made available for download on iTunes, Amazon MP3, and other digital music outlets in the United States and Canada, on May 10, 2011. It was released in the UK five days later. The promotional single received enough airplay to peak at number ten on Billboard's Mainstream Rock Songs chart,[161] and number twenty-six on Alternative Songs.[2] 150,000 digital copies of "Get Up!" have been purchased in the United States according to Nielsen SoundScan.[161]
Korn made their first Pointfest appearance on May 15, 2011, at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Maryland Heights, Missouri, and their second Rock on the Range appearance on May 21, 2011, at Crew Stadium in Columbus, Ohio. Korn performed at the Nova Rock Festival 2011 in Austria on June 12, 2011, alongside Volbeat, Cavalera Conspiracy and other bands. They performed overseas at the Download Festival with Linkin Park and System of a Down, and during Japan's Summer Sonic Festival on August 13 with Avril Lavigne, The Mars Volta, Ne-Yo, and the Strokes. It was announced on June 8, 2011 that Korn will be composing the theme song for Silent Hill: Downpour. The Path of Totality was made available for pre-order on Amazon.com and iTunes on October 21, 2011.

The band also promoted their album by doing a tour where they performed a few songs from the The Path of Totality. They split their show into three sections. They kicked off by playing rare, old school songs. They followed with a different stage set up, playing their dubstep influenced songs. The band ended by playing some of their greatest hits. Other appearances came from Datsik, Downlink, and Dope D.O.D.

Last edited by eatshit on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:15 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WBC HERALD
Grand Wizard

PostSubject: Re: So Korn is doing a dubstep fusion album with Skrilly, 12th Planet, etc   Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:10 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WBC HERALD
Grand Wizard

PostSubject: Re: So Korn is doing a dubstep fusion album with Skrilly, 12th Planet, etc   Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:13 pm

dont know how feel... probably would be batshit insanity live I guess
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Korn is doing a dubstep fusion album with Skrilly, 12th Planet, etc   

Back to top Go down

So Korn is doing a dubstep fusion album with Skrilly, 12th Planet, etc
Page 1 of 1